Another year has come and gone. It has been one hell of a year and I am ashamed to say that it has not been a good year for my blog, my Goodreads reading challenge, basically my bookish world too. I have been swamped with work and life this 2017 and I am here to rectify all of that. I know it has been a week since the year started so I hope I’m not too late to publish this.
2018 Reading Challenges
By the end of the year, readers have been eyeing out for their reading challenges online. Some long, some short but I can guarantee that no reading challenge comes easy. I know that the point of every reading challenge is to read diversely, to try new genres or forms of literature. So this year, I will be doing THREE READING CHALLENGES (I know, very optimistic right?). Hopefully I get one of them done by the end of 2018. Here’s the breakdown.
- Goodreads Reading Challenge – this is a yearly thing, I challenged myself to read 15 books this year. (Low target, just to be safe)
- Pop Sugar 2018 Reading Challenge – this is also an annual thing for me. I always do this one because it really widens my options and material, this is where I usually find great reads.
- 52 Books in 52 Weeks – this challenge is by mommyannegren.com, I found it on pinterest and it seemed realistic for me coz’ some of it are on the Pop Sugar challenge as well, (talk about hitting two birds with one stone) and I loved the whole concept of 1 book per week. I’m doing the 52 week Saving Challenge too so I found it fun to do it at the same time.
2018 Reader’s Resolution
Initially I had a long list for my resolutions this year but I have narrowed it down to 3. I am really looking forward to some changes this year for my bookish world.
- Read more = write more – I have been so slumped last year that I really want to catch up on everything bookish related in my life; my blog, books on my tbr pile, new releases, book box subscriptions, bookish events, book review request, reading challenges and a lot more. I let a whole year pass by and it made me really depressed that I’m forgetting all about my passion. This year will be different starting with my blog. I wanna be able to post more stuff here, I want to join (and create) giveaways, read-athons, write about tags and so much more.
- Challenge Accepted – I just want to be able to finish at least one reading challenge. I feel so lame that I have never finished a book challenge, ever. I know I’m doing three challenges this year but I am really going to be focused and put on a schedule to help me out too, I’m not going to wing it.
- Bookstagram – since I have been really busy with real life, I have been slacking off with my bookstagram account as well. The last photos that were posted on my account was from last October, and that was just like 3 photos. I’m thinking of changing the aesthetics on my account because honestly, it’s just hard to keep up with a theme and maybe just want post it randomly or think of a schedule, I don’t know, I have to really think it through.
As a part of the new year, new me bandwagon, I will also be adding a new page on my blog but it would still be under Patti Rambles, it’s a page for Life Updates. I was actually contemplating on whether to do it or not because this blog is specifically for books only. I do have a separate blog for personal stuff but it was kinda hard to manage.
AND the first post I had in mind was about Book Journaling or #BuJo. I have seen bookstagrammers doing it and I decided to give it a try too. I might post a few updates from my BuJo entries from time to time just to share with you guys my poor attempt at pulling this off. I will be posting big life events on this page too. I’m still not sure about this so your feedback will be very much appreciated.
So I am really excited for this coming year. I can already feel that this year’s going to be great (not to mention, it’s the year of the dog, my year). Hopefully it’s just not a hunch but the real thing. I aim to get all of this sh*t together and to be really proud of myself. I’d love to read your New Year’s Resolution guys, comment them down below so I can take a look too. Wish me luck!