Hello dear book bloggers. Thank you, once again for dropping by.
I have been into book blogging for almost 3 months now and I am so excited to do this tag. This would be my first time doing this, I have checked my favorite book blogging sites and I think I have gathered enough information on how to do this.
A big thanks to Louise of Geniereads for introducing me to tags. I was planning on doing tags but I was waiting for the perfect one and it’s this one. Do check out her post about this blog and congratulate her for getting whopping 500 followers. I know right? This marvelous tag was created by Jamie @ A Little Slice of Jamie. Check them out!
The rules for this tag are:
- You need to answer the questions
- Credit the marvelous owner
- Tag 5 people to spread this wonderful tag
- Have fun, make the most out of it!
- WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY WRITE YOUR BLOG POSTS?
My laptop. I usually write the at home, sometimes before I go to bed or in the middle of the night. If I have some spare time and I brought my laptop to school with me, I usually write at the library. You know, just to soak up the ambiance I’m in. It makes me feel productive when I’m at the library, writing.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO WRITE A BOOK REVIEW?
This is a tough one. Sometime I draft the review the moment I’m done reading a book. However, I can’t deny the fact that I get really lazy when writing them. There are instances where weeks pass before I get back my drive in writing book reviews. But when I’m really in the mood to get sh*t done, it takes me at least 2 hours to do it.
- WHEN DID YOU START YOUR BLOG?
I started doing book reviews last June, just this year but I created my blog a year ago. But I consider the actual birthday of my blog is June 2016. And so far, everything is doing great. I just reached 10 followers and it makes me so happy.
- WHAT IS THE WORST THING ABOUT HAVING A BOOK BLOG IN YOUR OPINION
I guess it’s the pressure of keeping it alive. I’m just a newbie in this whole book blogging thing and I’m still testing the waters. It’s really hard to sustain something once you’ve started it and I have this habit of stopping right in the middle when all the excitement is gone. So I’m really trying my best to keep this blog alive. Oh, and running out of ideas on what to post. I think everyone can relate to this.
- WHAT IS THE BEST THING ABOUT HAVING A BOOK BLOG IN YOUR OPINION
I could list down every best thing in having a book blog but it would take too long and you guys would have stopped reading by now. So I’ll just tell you three things I like best about having a book blog.
- Meeting new people. Getting the opportunity to meet booklovers in the book blogging community is such a thrill! So far, I’ve been able to talk to at least 4 (I know it’s small scale but dude?! c’mon.) book bloggers and I love it.
- Discovering something new. Every time I check the reader page, I encounter new books that really pique my interest. And to be honest, my TBR list has gotten even longer because of this. THANKS GUYS FOR THE RECOMMENDATIONS!
- Improves my writing skills. The art of writing is a continuous process. I love to write and share to the world every thought and idea that’s in my head, and writing book reviews and anything related to it really improves me as a writer.
- WHAT BLOG POST HAVE YOU HAD FUN WRITING SO FAR?
So far, I love doing honest book reviews in exchange of free books. I mean, it’s a great feeling getting the chance to read something that’s not open for the public yet. I’m still thinking of other ways to make my book blog interesting.
- WHEN DO YOU TYPICALLY WRITE?
I love to write before going to bed and in the middle of the night when everyone in our house is asleep and I’m the only one awake. I guess the words just come naturally when my surroundings are calm.
- DO YOU REVIEW EVERY BOOK YOU READ?
No but I’m trying my best. Really, I am. It kinda bums me out if I read something but I don’t get to post about it. I don’t know, there are just time when I dont feel like talking about it.
- HOW DO YOU WRITE YOU BOOK REVIEWS? WITH A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA? WITH NETFLIX? CUDDLED WITH YOUR FUR BABY?
I write it with broadway songs playing in the background. I nod along the songs as I write my thoughts down because it gives me that extra energy I need. Nope, I don’t drink coffee nor tea; I drink MILO and Coke when doing book reviews.
- WHEN DO YOU WRITE YOUR REVIEWS? RIGHT AFTER FINISHING THE BOOK? TWO WEEKS AFTER FINISHING THE BOOK?
This actually depends on the book. If I’ve been really caught up in the moment, I usually write the review immediately. But if not and if I’m not in the mood, at all, it usually takes weeks before I start drafting it.
- HOW OFTEN DO YOU POST?
As often as I can. I try to look for creative posts and try them out. Just like this one. Plus, it really bothers me if I don’t get to post anything every week.
I had so much fun doing this tag. I can’t wait to do more of it. I never knew I’d get to learn new things in this book blogging thing I’m currently addicted to. So, here are my answers and I hope you found yourself sharing the same opinions as I had.
To those who read this, consider yourselves tagged!! I hope you guys enjoy as much as I did.