Hey guys! You stopped by? Oh shucks, thank you so much.
It’s my first book haul blog post. This would also be the first time I bought this much books in my entire life. Partly because of the Book Fair we just had in the Philippines. I really saved up for that, so yeah. Yay for books!!
I bought a total of 11 books and 7 Penguin Little Black Classics. Plus I also bought like, 10 ebooks. And because I bought a lot this month, I’m banned to buy books in October. It’s somehow a punishment because I went over my limit which is to buy only 3 books and 5 ebooks in a month. I’m actually not that sad about the book ban, it teaches me self-control in book buying. Although, I am still itching to buy books whenever I pass by bookstores.
So here are the books I bought from this year’s Book Fair.
- Tiger Lily – Jodi Lynn Anderson
- The Little Paris Book Shop – Nina George
- The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Northanger Abbey – Jane Austen
- A Court of Thorn and Roses – Sarah J. Maas
- Lolita – Vladimir Nabokov
- Write Here, Write Now – AA. Patawaran
I also bought books from Book Sale, a 2nd hand books store here in the Philippines. I bought 3 books, which were:
- My Sister’s Keeper – Jodi Picoult
- Letters to Pemberley – Jane Dawkins
- Water the Elephants – Sara Gruen
Plus the 7 Penguin Little Black Classics. The titles are:
- Charles Dickens – To Be Read at Dusk
- Leo Tolstoy – How Much Land Does a Man Need?
- Brothers Grimm – The Robber Bridegroom
- Herodotus – The Madness of Cambyses
- Dante – Circles of Hell
- Virgina Woolf – Flush
- Jane Austen – Lady Susan
I loved that the books I bought this month were good ones. What I bought are mostly classics, as you can see. I realized that I want to collect more Classics than the regular contemporary ones. I could always read those in e-book format. I’m so proud of myself for being a responsible book lover. And so far, no impulse buying. Great work Patti.
Found anything that got your attention? Comment them down below! I’d love to hear your thoughts.